What is Community Advisory Committee?
What is the CAC?
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is made up of members representing the community. Members include parents, special and general education teachers, psychologists, consultants, students with disabilities, and various representatives from public and private agencies. These members are nominated and appointed by the school boards of participating local education agencies within WACSEP.
- Advises the policy and administrative entity of the district, the SELPA or county office regarding the development, amendment, and review of the Local Plan. The entity shall review and consider comments from the CAC.
- Recommends annual priorities to be addressed by the plan.
- Assists in parent education and in recruiting parents and other volunteers who may contribute to the implementation of the plan.
- Encourages community involvement in the development and review of the Local Plan.
- Supports activities on behalf of students with disabilities.
- Assists in parent awareness of the importance of regular school attendance.
2021-22 CAC Meetings:
September 16, 2021
November 10, 2021
January 20, 2022
March 10, 2022
May 12, 2022
All meetings are held from 10:00 - 11:00 AM.